Polio Quebec’s strength comes from members. More members means having more resources and means to help people who have had polio, to represent them and offer them opportunities to meet and exchange information on their situation. More members also means having more impact on government policies.
Benefits of Membership
By becoming a member of the Polio Québec Association, you will join more than 300 people who have a passionate interest in polio and post-polio syndrome.
Being a member :
- gives you the opportunity to obtain information, among other things, through the Folio Polio published twice a year ;
- gives you the possibility to have support by meeting and exchanging information on your situation and the ways you found to improve your lifestyle ;
- help us to financially support research and to spreading awareness on post-polio syndrome.
Who can become a member?
Anyone who wishes to become a member can. For example, we have members who :
- have had polio and/or suffers from post-polio syndrome (PPS);
- know someone, a relative of friend, who has had polio;
- want to have information about polio and PPS;
- want to contribute by helping people who had polio and PPS.
How to become a member?
It is very easy to become a member. Upon reception of your payment, we will forward you your membership card and a tax receipt for the total amount of your membership and your donation (if applicable).
Fill the membership form by using one of these two options:
- Fill out the online form and use the “Donate” button below to pay electronically OR
- Download the membership form and mail it to us along with your check (25$ for membership, or more if you wish to make a donation) at:
Association Polio Québec
3500 Boulevard Décarie, office 219A
Montréal (Qc) H4A 3J5
Polio Quebec annual membership is from April 1st to March 31s.
(Ex: 2010 April 1st to 2011 March 31s).
As we want to keep the membership fee affordable for all, we fixed the annual membership at only $25. We encourage members, friends and collaborators to add a donation if they wish.
You will receive a tax receipt for the total amount of your contribution and donation (if applicable).