1. History of Polio Quebec
It isn’t always easy for an association to stay alive and useful over the years. However, 25 years after our foundation, we are still active and determined to answer our members’ needs and to evolve with them.
Many moments have been significant during these past years and those moments have been possible thanks to many volunteers people determined to help, to inform and to support people affected by polio.
Here you will find our history and evolution, recounted through significant moments and achievements.
(Upcoming Section – Available in French)
Here are the present and former presidents of Polio Quebec :
- Sieglinde Stieda (Founder. 1985 – 1986)
- Yolande Rouleau (1986 – 1988)
- Mona Arsenault (1988 – 1993)
- Sally Aitken (1993 – 1997)
- Pauline Sweer (1997 – 1999)
- Révérend William (Bill) Phillips (1999 – 2000)
- Père Yves Gaudreault (2000 – 2002)
- Mario Di Carlo (2002 – 2006 )
- Gilles Besner (2006 – 2012)
- Daniel Montmarquette (2013 – …)
3. Medical Advisors
Since 1985, Polio Quebec has had two Medical Advisors :
- Dr Neil Cashman (1986 – 1998)
- Dre Daria A. Trojan (1998 – …)
4. People Who Have Been Board Members
Here is the list, by alphabetic order, of people who has given their time to be boardmembers of the Association, from its beginning until now.
Blain, Dr Gilbert
Cruess, Dr Richard
De Gagné, Jacques
Di Carlo, Mario
Fowles, Dr John
Gaudreault, Père Yves
Guttman, Dre Herta
Phillips, Rev. William
Stenson, Bruno Paul
Van Daele, Anne-Marie
Van Daele, Paul